Thursday, May 13, 2010

It's the weekend, baby!

Yahoo! Busy weekend ahead. Tonight (as I mentioned yesterday) is the seafood buffet at the Rotana Hotel on Yas Island. Can’t wait to taste the local fish, which I am told is really great. The price includes a glass of veenho. Methinks I should sample a little French vintage tonight....


Tomorrow I am off to Dubai to spend the night with my surrogate aunt who lives there. She’s picking me up and taking me on a tour. Can’t wait!!! Will no doubt be taking many many photographs Japanese tourist style.


Saturday night is a work function. Our sister channel (the Arabic channel) is hosting an evening to introduce us all to the local traditional foods and filming it for an insert on TV. We’re apparently going to be sitting on the floor (as is customary), and will be served a four-course meal consisting of delicacies like Majbous Hamour , Majbous Meat, Saloonah on Rgag ,Majbos Robyan, and Lgemat for desert.


I haven’t a clue either. But I will be sure to report back.

2 comments:

  1. What was the food like my darling?? You need to dedicate a whole blog to that...with pictures!!
    Miss you darling, the bush bar is a dull, dull place!
    xoxo
    Leahb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to know more about (quote)"delicacies like Majbous Hamour , Majbous Meat, Saloonah on Rgag ,Majbos Robyan, and Lgemat for desert." especially that desert okay... please let it be sweet!

    ReplyDelete